Monday, November 19, 2012

Newts


  • "Newt Speak"
  • December 2003
  • I chose this article because i have no knowledge of newts. I wanted to learn more about them, so i figured this article would enchant me with knowledge
  • I liked how the article gave most of the basic knowledge of newts. Also how they behave, so i can find out what to deal with if i keep a newt as a pet. The article shows pictures of the different types of newts to, so that's pretty neat. They also show where certain types of newts live. Its a very knowledgeable source.
  •  I learned pretty much all of the things I said I liked about the article. Newt's behavior, morphs, and where they're from. Mostly The different color morphs.I would actually want to start collecting newts since they're so small.
  • I guess knowing about what newts eat would be a question for me. Just in case i'd keep one as a pet.
  • I wouldn't just purchase one, I'd get a lot of different ones and start a collection.
  • Newts can cost 40 dollars.
  • You can purchase them at reptilecity.com or of course amazon.com.
  • I would say there are over 100 morphs.
  • Struach's spotted newt usually cost around 45, but it depends on who's selling
  • Newts are not endangered.
  • A permit is actually required to keep a newt, since they are poisonous.
  • I couldn't even tell how to take care of a newt, i would just say wear protective gloves and give it food and water every day
  • They can be classified as expert pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment