Monday, November 19, 2012

Mud Turtles

Mississippi Mud Turtle

  • "Tracking Big Bend Mud Turtles in Texas"
  • December 2003
  • I chose this article to do a little bit of research on turtles. Not a particular kind, but just turtles in particular. Researching can help my knowledge on all reptiles, so this research is based on turtles.
  • Nothing new to learn about on turtles. Only thing i learned about was a turtle that was unfamiliar to me, the mud turtle. Not a lot of general stuff about it was explained though. Just a couple of people talking about tracking it.
  • I have a couple of general questions about the turtle. Why do they want to track it is one. Also, stuff about the turtle like how old can it get.
  • I would purchase a turtle just to say i have one.
  • The mud turtle can cost around 30 to 40 dollars
  • You can buy them at backwaterreptiles.com or amaon for 38 dollars
  • I don't believe the mud turtle has any morphs
  • I don't know if mud turtles are endangered, but i would think they are since these guys are trying to find one.
  • No permit is required to captivate one.
  • To take care of them, feed them grass and fruit or something like that i would say. Taking it out for fresh air and grass once in a while can be a good thing. All done on a daily basis.
  • Consider the mud turtle a beginner pet.
  • I dont really find the mud turtle intriguing, but its nice to learn a little more about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment