Monday, November 19, 2012

Gila Monster

Reticulated Gila Monster

  • "Gila Monster's Saliva Holds Medical Promise"
  • December 2003
  • I chose this article because i heard of the Gila Monster, and i want to know more about it.
  • I learned that the Gila Monster's saliva is actually toxic. It can put you in the hospital. That's just how badly it can be to people. I also found out that researchers created a diabetes drug from the saliva.
  • This article, didn't give any other information on the Gila Monster besides to the saliva. I wanted to know more.
  • I wouldn't purchase a Gila Monster. I think it would be too risky for me.
  • A Gila monster can cost up to 1000 dollars
  • You can purchase them at probreeders.com or of course Amazon.com
  • Gila Monsters don't have any morphs.
  • They are not endangered.
  • A permit IS required to keep one.
  • Give Gila Monsters burrows to hide, and you can feed them mice and water if you want but be areful with them.
  • They are expert ranked pets
  • I found learning about the Gila Monsters saliva was interesting. Also the fact tat researchers are studying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment