Monday, November 19, 2012

Anoles

Green anole
Brown Anole

  • "Altered State: Florida's alien anoles find a place in a herper's heart"
  • December 2003
  • I completely chose this article because i don't know anything about anoles.  I didn't even know what they were until i noticed them in the article.
  • I liked learning more about what these anoles were, what they looked like, and everything else. To me they look like tiny crocodiles mixed with geckos with a long straight tail. Its nice to learn new things, especially a whole new species. For that, I'm happy about the knowledge of this article.
  • I learned that some anoles come from Cuba, the Bahamas, Jamaica and other various places. Also, i learned that some can change colors like chameleons. Some are bigger than others as well. Also in both genders both of the have a big red dewlap on there neck, but males have bigger ones.
  • I have a lot of questions about them though. What are there environments like? When do they usually breed? Stuff like that is what i'd like to know still.
  • I would get one of these anoles. I find them interesting now that i found out about them.
  • Some of these lizards cost 65 dollars.
  • They can be bought at reptilesncritters.com or amazon.com for about 60-80 dollars.
  • They have 5 different morphs, but some can change colors.
  • The native green anole can cost 30 dollars. Ive researched and seen a brown anole for 15 dollars.
  • I would believe that they would be endangered, since I've never seen one, but they actually aren't.
  • A permit is not required for having an anole as pet.
  • To take care of these you should have a hiding place for them. daily maintenance, and you should be alright.
  • I'd categorize them as beginner pets
  • I was most interested in discovering and learning about the anole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment